Wednesday, July 11, 2012

11 July 2012

Last night they fed Steve with his bottie on every alternate feed. They were still using the naso gastric tube for the other feeds. This morning I heard that they were going to try and feed every feed with the bottle. I then got a call saying they had removed the tube. I was properly irritated because I figured that a smarter plan would have been to check that he tolerates every feed from the bottle before removing the tube. Fortunately I hadn't shat on Swanepoel before I found out that in fact Steve had removed the tube :-) Swanepoel has also decided to keep him on the lights over night again. His Billiruben count was substantially lower today than it was yesterday, but not low enough. I'm pleased with that decision.

I wasn't able to see him today again, and they still don't want me coming. I'm getting properly bored.

Bernice says that our little tiger is getting much stronger, which I'm really happy about!

The cardiologist did an "echo" examination today and has reported a "clean bill of health" for his heart. They've reduced the heart medication (Lanoxin) that they've been giving him and will stop it completely on Friday. I had been led to believe that he's still be on this medicine quite long term. So I'm happy about that too.

So basically he's got another day or two of physio and the nebulizer and then Mouse needs to pass her feeding and bathing test to their satisfaction and then it's home time. I don't think that we'll be letting them be the judge of the bathing test.

I'll be honest, I'm a bit drained with all this medical rubbish, and I'm missing my boy. I'm going to bed now.

No comments:

Post a Comment