Monday, July 9, 2012

9th July 2012

Today was a bit of a downer :-( After being taken of all drips and pipes and oxygen yesterday, they've had to give him nasal oxygen again. He's got a huge amount of phlegm on his chest (something I noticed and advised them of on Saturday and Sunday) and as such he's coughing a lot and putting pressure on his little lungs. They've sent a sample of sputum in for virus tests, but that will only be back in two days. They're also doing physio and putting him on a nebulizer (produces moist air) every three hours.

He's swallowing quite a bit of phlegm and as a result he's throwing up, so they reduced his food intake a bit. Let's hope this phlegm books out real fast.

I was a little bleak today because I kind of feel that if they had listened to me on Saturday already, we wouldn't necessarily have had to take a step backwards. Anyway, from what I read, this is all par for the course and these ups and downs can be expected. The two lessons for the day are: Patience for me; Mr Preston is always right for them.

I really do just want the little guy to get healthy and strong ASAP, because this NNICU vibe is crappy.

I have a cold and have been asked not to go back for the next day or two :-(

Let's hope tomorrow is a bit better. Correction. Tomorrow will be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment