Saturday, July 7, 2012

7 - 8 July 2012

Steven is starting to show characteristics of both mom and dad.

Hi sense of humor is definitely from mom. Yesterday he thought it'd be funny to take out his drip. Twice. Eventually they decided to up his feeding quite substantially to make up for the fluids that he isn't getting from the drip. He's eating like a machine, but still needs some practice with his bottie. So that was the end of another pipe.

Mom's still producing milk like a Jersey cow. It's gotten to the point that our freezer no longer has place for my game biltong. It looks a bit like the yogurt isle at the Spar. Avent and Nuk are also loving all the business from the Preston's by way of milk containers.

Anyway, boredom and how quickly it happens is a trait from dad. Last night he got bored of the nasal oxygen. He called Sr Lorraine and said "Out with these pipes please darling". He's a show off and a charmer....Must be his mom. ;-)

I got to hold him for over an hour yesterday. He loved it. The puffiness has also gone down a bit so he's managing to open his eyes - which are still slightly yellow from the Jaundice. I suspect that mom prefers the yellow to the red that they'll be after golf weekends away with dad in years to come :-)

I'm so proud of him so I keep buying him toys (not my best bit of parenting - I know), but he's gonna love these things. I found one yesterday which I think we may be able to hang above his bed in ICU.

Here are some pics of Tiger. The bottom one is my favorite!


No comments:

Post a Comment